Good morning SCT friends...Happy Monday! We are excited to share a new category on the SCT blog this year, "Craft It Monday!" With so many crafters, makers and DIY lovers out there, we thought sharing some fun DIY projects throughout the year that you can create at home would offer new options to use your papercrafting supplies! First up is one of our favourite crafters, DIY girl and blogger, Virginia Fynes of Fynes Designs....
"This year I’m trying hard not to go overboard with pink and red so I thought I’d use some untraditional colors so it will last long after February is gone.
How to make this easy painted sign:
- Buy a 1” x 6” board (pine or spruce) if you get it at the Home Depot they will cut it for you to the proper size. Mine is appox 12” long.
- Paint desired color using Acrylic craft paint.
- Sand edges of the board to distress (optional)
Using the Silhouette, cut out the free ‘Love Grows Here’ Cut file (download herehttp://www.scrapbookandcards.com/bonus-cutting-files!). Cut the 'Love' out using a double sided adhesive sheet, and ‘grows here’ on a piece of vinyl.
Using transfer tape, apply the vinyl to the bottom left of wood. Paint desired color. Remove vinyl stencil and allow to dry.
- Remove double sided adhesive letters from the yellow backing and place on wood. Remove white paper to reveal the adhesive.
- Sprinkle generously with glitter. Using your fingertip rub glitter into the adhesive letters to ensure adhesion.
- Dust off remaining glitter.
- Using a clear liquid glue, apply a May Arts Ribbon pom pom border to the outside edge, allow to dry.
- To hang sign tack a strand of May Arts silk ribbon to the backside with thumbtacks.
Can you believe how easy that was?! I used to be so intimidated about making anything with wood, but this is a no tools required project!
Thanks so much for joining me here today for "Craft it Monday!" ~ Virginia
Virginia always has amazing projects to share on her blog Fynes Designs along with recipes, party ideas, holiday style, new products and affordable design! With over 1M visitors to her blog last year, we encouarge you to add it to your regular blog roll! You an also follow Fynes Designs on Instagram and Facebook! Today Virginia has a fabulous giveaway over on Instagram for this...
Would wouldn't want a pretty pink camera! We thought you would want to know :)
Go craft my crafty friends!!!