Hello friends! Can you believe it's Thursday already? Are you having fun following our 5th birthday bash? Well I can tell you we have had such *FUN* reading your comments! WOW what a week! We had our design team participate in a blog hop here, Becky showed us how to make those great pennants that have become so popular here and yesterday we announced two new design team members who showed two beautiful projects here.
Did you also leave a comment for our grand prize of an Ipod Touch right HERE? You have until 6:00 pm EST tonight. Good luck!
Of course, we could not end the week without design team member and photographer extraordinare Kathy Thompson who shares some great photo tips for capturing a great birthday (and of course you know what is at the end of today's post right???! wink, wink!)
"Happy Birthday SCT!! Congratulations on 5 amazing years! Speaking of birthdays, birthday parties, much like Christmas and other ‘big events’, can present the family photographer with a number of different challenges. By employing a few basic tips and remembering to be in the moment, you can capture some great shots!
1. Check your white balance: often, birthdays are celebrated indoors, with poor lighting. Shoot a few pictures before the action begins, and correct that yellow (or pink or blue) cast accordingly.
2. No natural light? Work with what you’ve got! Candles provide beautiful light, so open up that aperture and focus on the flame – either with a group or with the birthday girl/boy themselves!
3. Shoot candidly: birthdays can be filled with emotion – happiness, surprise, and in the case of my daughter’s 18th birthday last year, the realization that she and her best friends would be away at different schools when their next birthdays rolled around:
4. Shoot in continuous or burst mode and up that shutter speed! Children can move faster than the speed of light, especially when fueled up on a little bit of birthday cake!
5. Don’t forget the details: Capture some before and after detail shots.
6. Move around – shoot from different angles and with different focal lengths, and make sure you capture all of the party guests!
7. Don’t be afraid to hand over the camera and enjoy the day: never forget why you’re there and what you’re celebrating!
Here's to another 5 years SCT! Congratulations!" ~ Kathy
Of course, the fun part about celebrating our birthday with us is the chance to win great prizes like this...
Oh yes, one lucky winner will receive the Pink Paisee Soiree collection which as you can see just screams HAPPY! And today's winner will also receive these Spellbinders Dies because what would a party be without icre cream and party banners?! Woot woot! Just leave a comment below and we will choose one random winner today at 6:00 p.m. to win these great prizes!
In case no one else tells you today, you're the best! Have a good one and join us tomorrow as we end our birthday week with...another giveaway of course!