Hi everyone! I am back to share the pocket page I created along with some really easy step by step instructions. I used the Welcome Christmas collection from Pebbles Inc. for my page. The traditional reds, greens, and browns of this collection were just perfect for my page.
Here are my step by step instructions:
- Choose a cardstock or patterned paper base for your page. I chose a tone on tone brown circle patterned paper.
- Cut another piece of patterned paper to 10” square. Adhere to the center of your base. I chose a red polka dot patterned paper that you can see just peeking out from behind my holiday cards.
- Create a pocket approximately 6” tall by 10” wide. I created my pocket using my Silhouette to achieve the bracket shape you see at the top but you certainly could just a sheet of patterned paper or cut your own decorative border if you’d like using punches, etc.
- Use your sewing machine to stitch around the side and bottom of your pocket. If you do not have a sewing machine you of course could simply use adhesive. Just be sure it is strong adhesive so that it will be able to hold the weight of your cards.
- Now simply embellish the front of your pocket. I cut a banner shape from a sheet of patterned paper and then added a pre-made embellishment that reads “Christmas Memories” to the front. I added a tiny tag with the year “2011” to the holly shape on the embellishment and topped it off with a little red button for the berries. However you decide to decorate the front of your pocket just be sure to add the year so that you know when these cards were received.
And that’s it! Pretty easy huh? It was important that I was able to create a way to save these precious holiday memories without spending hours doing so.
I loved that Jeannine took up this challenge with this layout too!
I hope you enjoyed this challenge and I’ll see you next time!