Hello! Emily again with a lovely little project for you today. I was talking to a good friend the other day and in the conversation a quote came up. She loved the sentiment, but admitted that like me, she has a hard time remembering exact wording of great quotes. The light bulb went off in my head and here is the result, a little framed piece of art that she can put on her bedside table to help her memory!
And so that you can re-create it, here are the instructions:
1. Cut the canning jar from the paper, add the sentiment and any decorations you'd like.
2. Cut out flowers from your paper.
3. Create your background. Mine is a 5x7 piece of patterned paper plus a strip of ribbon and cardstock across the bottom.
4. Place the canning jar on the paper, then arrange and adhere the flowers. Pop dot some of them for texture.
5. Adhere the canning jar once the flowers are as you'd like.
6. Add some bling between the flowers.
7. Place the completed artwork in your frame and enjoy!
As you can see this was really easy to put together. Hopefully this will inspire you to take your favorite quotes and make art from them! ~ Emily Pitts
We're celebrating Leap Day by giving one SCT reader a mystery box with 29 beautiful patterned papers to brighten up your day. If you were to receive this box, what would you want to be in it? At 8:00 p.m. tonight we will randomly be selecting one reader to receive this FABULOUS package!
Have a great, creative day!