Hello SCT Friends! It’s Davinie, back to share another fun project following current trends.
Along with the popularity of confetti, yes confetti, on products and projects around the web, triangles are another hot shape. Isn’t it funny how design trends change? Triangles are a basic shape known to all of us, yet they are often overlooked in design, except for the occasional photo corner. That said, the triangle has made a surge in popularity in textile and design as seen in these images pinned to my Pinterest account recently:
I wanted to recreate this design on a card and did so with the new Take Note Collection from Studio Calico:
To recreate this card:
1. Trim card base 4.25 x 5.5
2. Trim floral patterned paper 4.25 wide by 3.5 inches.
3. Trim gray cardstock 1 x 4.25
4. Trim 1” strips from two patterned papers. I use a 6x6 paper pad.
5. Trim strips into 1x1” squares.
6. On the diagonal, trim squares in half, creating two triangles
7. Layer triangles in a pattern and adhere. Layer with patterned paper over cardstock.
8. Tie with twine and stitch.
9. Add veneer birds.
A simple, yet trendy design. Want more deisgn ideas? You can follow my Pinboards HERE and be sure to check out SCT pinterest boards HERE.
Have a great Wednesday! See you back here for NSD on Saturday, okay?! It is going to be a great, inspiring day!