One of the hottest trends in scrapbooking and cardmaking right now is paper bows. You see them all over manufacturer’s blogs—some pre-made and sold as embellishments, and some handmade. Check out this card I made using a pre-made paper bow embellishment:
Supplies: patterned paper, paper bow embellishment, 3D sentiment sticker (Anna Griffin); grosgrain ribbon (Offray)
Of course there are times when I need a paper bow and don’t have one to match, or I am out of pre-made ones and can’t wait for a scrapbook store run, so I make them myself. It’s easy to do—I’ll show you how. And I’ll even share a free printable paper bow template with you so you can make your own too!
1. First download the free paper bow printable template HERE.
2. Print the template on the back side of your favourite patterned paper and cut along the dashed lines.
3. Add adhesive to the center of the bow and fold one of the ends over to the center without creasing the fold. Repeat for the other end.
4. Add adhesive to the center section and fold it over the middle of the bow.
5. Add foam squares to the base of the bow and place the bow on top of the base.
Paper bows are great focal accents for cards, scrapbook pages, and other papercraft projects. Give it a try, and if you make one yourself be sure to post a comment with a link to your project!
~ Aly Dosdall
(To see more of Aly's great projects, be sure to stop by her blog HERE!!!)