Hello again, I went searching for some more fun ways to hold gift cards. I found a lot of ideas, but today I'm going to walk you through two different ones.
The first is a present where the gift card slides out as you lift the lid. Cute, huh? Here are the step by step instructions:
For the lid
1. Cut a 3" x 4" piece of patterned paper.
2. Score at 1.5" and fold over.
3. Cut a 2.875" x 4" piece of patterned paper.
4. Score at .75", this is your card holder.
5. Glue lid together and card holder together as shown.
6. Decorate outside of holder as desired.
7. Tuck gift card into holder and slide into present.
So Thankful Gift Card Pocket Holder
1. Cut two pieces of patterned paper 6" x 4.5"
2. Score at 2" on each sheet and fold paper back
3. Run a bead of glue on one end of a folded 2" x 4.5" piece and attach the two folded edges together.
4. Cut a piece of paper 5" x 9.5"
5. Score at 4.75"
6. Attach interior of card to cardstock with a bead of glue as shown.
7. Decorate outside of card as desired.
8. Attach two lengths of ribbons to outside of card and tie together.
9. Decorate inside of card as desired and insert gift card into the pocket.
There are so many more ways to creatively present your gift cards, I hope I've sparked a few ideas today. Just google the words, "gift card holder," and you'll find plenty more examples to try! Thank you to the following blogs for giving me the inspiration to try these two projects:
• The present: Scraptabulous Studio
• The pocket holder: Stamp Owl's Studio
Happy gift card giving!
~ Emily Pitts