Today I'm going to talk about creating outside of the realm of paper... yes... we're going to talk about created with clay. So grab your coffee and take a seat and let's get started!
1. First I took a small amount of white clay in my hands. I used a soft Premier Light Weight Stone Clay for my project today. I carefully molded it into a ball to bring all the rough edges together.
2. Next I flattened it out with just my fingers. I chose to use an old Ziploc freezer bag to work on.
4. Then I took one of the Spellbinder's Classic Circle dies to use as my template to cut my clay into a circle using a craft knife. I peeled away the excess clay and put it back into my re-sealable bag.
5. See how nicely the circle image comes out?! I distressed the edges to make them a little bit rough and uneven. I even pressed the die into the clay a little bit to get a frame like impression around the circle of clay.
6. Then I stamped my little apple image from the “Apple of my Eye” stamp set from Flourishes using some Memento Black Tuxedo ink right into the clay. I also punched 2 small holes in the top of the image for a future bow for use on a future card.
7. Then I carefully placed my circle of clay on a cookie sheet and to hasten the drying of the clay I popped it into a 200 degree oven and baked it with the door open for 10 minutes.
8. Once my clay was cool, I took it back to scrappy desk and coloured it with Copic Markers.
9. After colouring I took some Memento Rich Cocoa ink and the large verse from the “From the Desk Of" stamp set also from Flourishes and stamped a subtle script across my entire image.
Here is my final layout creation using our little apple tag...
Well, I hope I've inspired you today to take a look at the mediums you have in your scrappy stash and see what else you can create and stamp with. I hope I've inspired you pull out your stamps and create and have fun with something new today!
~ Allison Cope
Registration opens Monday, October 21st at 8:00 p.m!