I hope you had a chance to check out the fall issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today. When my issue
arrived I had to gasp. It’s my favorite cover to date and it was designed by a dear friend of mine, Danielle Flanders!
Inspired by the ombre-style design of the paper strips for her background, I created a card to share with you today. Danielle’s layout featured a fall color palette, but mine is the ombre effect in a more pastel, rainbow effect.
The Dots and Stripes Collection from Echo Park Paper is the perfect supplement to your scrapbook paper collection. Who doesn’t need another polka dot print or some stripes? I love how there dots in three sizes to choose from with a set of stripes too. The papers in this collection made this card
come together rather easily.
To add interest, I added some pretty ribbon from May Arts and embellishments from other Echo Park Collections. I also split up the design and added texture with some white cardstock trimmed with my scallop punch.
To recreate this card:
1. Trim card base 4.25 x 5.5 inches (standard size)
2. Trim patterned paper 4 inches wide in varying lengths.
3. Use a border punch and create paper strips with white cardstock.
4. Layer prints with cardstock, creating the ombre effect as you gradually change colors.
5. Tie with ribbon, and add sentiment and chipboard elements.
Have you had a chance to try the ombre effect on your projects? Link them up here!
Have a great Monday!