Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see THIS post to find out what we're up to today!
To celebrate April, Laura Vegas created a sweet Easter card based on this PageMap card sketch...
With bright papers from Bella Blvd., a sweet scallop border and some embellished eggs, this Easter card is perfectly put together. We loved Laura's machine stitching which adds just the perfect touch!
Here's how to re-create this card:
1. Cut a 4.25" x 5.5" piece of floral patterned paper and adhere to front of card base.
2. Cut a 2.75" x 5.5" piece of yellow tone-on-tone patterned paper and adhere in center of card, top to bottom. Machine stitch along sides if desired.
3. Trim scalloped border sticker to (2) 5.5" pieces and adhere to both sides of yellow patterned paper.
4. Adhere green quote sticker (or a 1.25" x 4.25" piece of green patterned paper) towards the bottom of the card using pop dots.
5. Cut easter eggs from patterned paper (or use stickers), and adhere above green quote sticker (or patterned paper).
6. Using letter stickers, add sentiment to green quote sticker (or patterned paper).
7. Embellish easter eggs with jewels or pearls, and tuck decorative flag onto card.
Laura's Tip: One of my favorite things to do after I'm finishing up a layout is to whip up a card with my leftover scraps. You already have out coordinating patterned paper and cardstock, and an assortment of embellishments. And if you're like me, you have little scraps that might otherwise end up in the trash. Take advantage of having all the pieces sitting right in front of you, and turn them into a quick card or two before putting everything back away.
Great tip Laura! Would you like to see even more Bella Blvd. inspiration? Join Laura and the Bella Artistas as they are having a fun filled day on the Bella blog too!
Want to know who's stopping by at 1:00? Marla Kress! Don't miss her sweet butterfly card!