Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see THIS post to find out what we're up to today!
Have you been following us all day? Why don't we switch it up and showcase Sheri's beautiful summer themed birthday card first...
Supplies: Patterned Paper – American Crafts, Pebbles; Decorative Tape – Bella Blvd.; Doily, Decorative Border Punch – Martha Stewart Crafts; Buttons – Basic Grey, American Crafts; Metal Rimmed Brad – American Crafts; Buttons – Doodlebug Designs; Stick Pin – Maya Road
Sheri's card was based on this great PageMaps card sketch...
We loved Sheri's sweet pinwheel and delicate colour palette! Her lacey border punch and pearl embellishment give this card an instant feminine touch.
Instructions to create Sheri's card:
1. Trim the background patterned paper to 6” x 4 1/2”, and lightly ink the edges in white. Adhere to the front of a card base created to the same dimensions.
2. Trim the striped patterned paper to 5 3/4” x 4 1/4”, creating a decorative scalloped edge along the bottom. Center and adhere to the background patterned paper.
3. Adhere decorative tape to white cardstock to make it completely opaque. Cut out, and adhere across the card, slightly above middle point.
4. Create and embellish the pinwheel accent. Adhere to the center of the decorative tape.
5. Adhere a white button to each side of the pinwheel accent, securing with pink thread.
6. Apply the rub on sentiment and stitching detail.
Sheri's Tip: When creating cards add interest and dimension by layering, and then layering again! To create my pinwheel accent, I topped a kraft circle with a white die cut doily. I then punched another smaller circle from pattered paper, and adhered it to the center. After creating an pinwheel from double sided patterned paper, I adhered it to the center, and secured a large button to the middle. An additional wooden button was then added to the center of that, and topped with glitter glue to add a touch of sparkle. For a finishing touch, a metal rimmed pearl was added atop the wooden button, and the entire piece was backed with a decorative pin accent! It's all about the layers!
At 5:00 sharp we have Emily Pitts joining us! Don't be late :)