Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see this post to find out what were up to today!
Although this day is drawing to a close, we are not done yet! We always love Summer Fullerton's fresh approach to cardmaking and we LOVED this fun card!
Summer based her card from this PageMaps card sketch...
Instructions to create Summer's card:
1. Cut card base 6x12 and fold in half to create a 6x6 card
2. Cut 3 different coordinating patterned papers approximately 2x5 and a 4th sheet of patterned paper 2x6
3. Layer the 3 2x5 pieces of patterned paper horizontally on the right hand side of the card then add the 2x6 piece of patterned paper vertically as seen in the photo. Top off with machine or faux stitching if desired .
4. To create the Christmas Tree simply raid your scraps for 4 different shades of coordinating patterned paper. Cut into imperfect triangles. Layer the triangles to look like a tree and back with a coordinating cardstock. You can dress your tree up with your favorite embellishments like adhesive rhinestones or brads. I used a couple of staples to add interest.
5. Adhere tree to card front using foam squares.
6. Top Card off with wood asterisk embellishments and round the corners as seen in the photo
Summer's Tip: No need to reinvent the wheel every time you sit down to create a card. If you make a card and love the design, don't be afraid to use it again! Simply change the papers, embellishments, theme, etc and you'll have a great looking card with a design you love in no time at all.
We have a great prize for you to wrap up our monthly inspiration! Our dear friend and designer Angie Blom has designed this great stamp set with Unity Stamps! Angie and Unity Stamps would love to offer it to one lucky SCT reader! Leave a comment below by Thursday, October 18th for your chance to win it!
If you love this set and will be joining us at ScrapFest in Oshawa next weekend, be sure to stop by our Interactive Studio where Angie will be joining us to create this sweet tag...
Although we have completed our monthly inspiration, Lynn Ghahary is up next at 9:00 p.m. with a little surprise for you! Don't miss it!