If you are just joining us, we have a fabulous day for you! Each hour we will be sharing a card sketch from Becky Fleck of PageMaps. With this sketch in hand, we have asked one of our favourite designers to create a card (with instructions!) coordinating with a month of the year! At the end of today, you will have 12 sketches AND 12 inspiring cards! Of course we never stop there so we have some bonus cards and a video too! We will also have many prizes along the way so watch for the prize patrol icon. We started here at 8:00 a.m. today and will be going until 10:00 p.m. tonight!
Starting us off, Vicki Boutin has created a card for the month of January! (yes we know it's a Christmas themed card but we wanted to give you even more ideas for holiday cards...just go with it! ;)
Paper, stickers, diecuts, twine, Doodlebug Designs; Silver paper, Core'dinations Cardstock; bling, Queen & Co; Brads, American Crafts; Photo corners and adhesive- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
1. Create a 5" x 7"card base.
2. Create a 6" x 4 1/2" mat (large green dots) and place on card base.
3. Trim a 6" x 3" strip (snowflakes) and attach it 1 1/4" from the top of the card.
4. Create a scalloped border and attach it to the end of the strip.
5. Mount a sticker from with 3D adhesive on a 2 3/4" x 3 1/2" silver mat, add photo corners and attach to the card.
6. Add snowman sticker and a paper pieced hat with a sticker and gem.
7. Add twine and brads, title pieces and gems.
Vicki's tip: I love mixing up tone on tone patterns and tie them together with a stripe...especially on cards! Stickers and 3D foam squares are my friends...quick technique with maximum impact.
Ready for another prize? Leave a comment on this post below to win...are you ready for it...
See you at 10:00 with a beautiful card from Cindy Stevens you don't want to miss!