Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see THIS post to find out what we're up to today!
We are halfway through our day of inspiration but we are far from over! Davinie Fiero creates a brilliant summer card based on this PageMaps card sketch...
This is a PERFECT card to use up your scraps! We all have them and this is one of those perfect cards to create in bulk and add a sentiment as you go. Here is Davinie's take on this sketch...
1. Trim card base at 4.25 x 5.5 inches.
2. Trim base patterned paper the same size.
3. Trim patterned paper in strips at approximately 3/8 inches wide, depending on your patterned paper. I used a 6x6 paper pad and based my strips on the blue chevron pattern. Repeat for a second patterned paper.
4. Weave patterned paper strips, trim, and adhere on upper left side of card.
5. Add felt buttons and flag pin.
6. Stamp sentiment on cardstock, emboss, and trim. Adhere with pop dots on card!
Davinie's Tip: This sketch offers an easy way to include small embellishments you might otherwise forget or those last few pieces at the bottom of the package.
We have lots of prizes to giveaway and this one comes from a brand new sponsor to us! If you're a cardmaker we're pretty sure you know Penny Black stamps! They are kind of the Coca Cola of the scrapbook world right? Well they have offered us a $50 shopping spree for one lucky winner! Just leave a comment below by Thursday, October 18th for your chance to win. Good luck!
But before you go, did you know that Penny Black has a fabulous FREE membership program? You do now and you can thank us for that! Penny Black Club Members have the benefit of first peeks at stamp and product releases, early access to blogging events, a Penny Black Newsletter delivered right to your email box, project sheets and so much more! And for those that join today, they have many great prizes including a $100 prize package so run, don't walk and become a member!
Sheri Reguly is joining us next with a beautiful summer themed card! See you at 4:00!
- Exclusive card and scrapbooking ideas
- Step-by-Step project instructions