Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see THIS post to find out what we're up to today!
We love June and we love Kelly Goree's Father's Day card based on this great PageMaps card sketch...
Stars are always a perfect embellishment for masculine cards and Kelly's multiple stars adds both dimension and celebratory feel! Her faux stitching is perfect against the herringbone paper!
Supplies: Bazzill cardstock (base), BoBunny cardstock (red); Patterned paper, alphabet, element stickers, brads, glazed brads and star detail, BasicGrey; Fiskars star punch, circle punch & 1/8" hole punch; Uniball pen; Pentel pen; Colorbox/Clearsnap chalk ink; Staples
1. Trim a 7"x5" piece of gold paper and adhere to front of 7"x5" card base (opens from bottom).
2. Trim a 6.5"x4.5" piece of denim patterned paper and adhere to center of card.
3. Draw dashed lines along the top and bottom of the denim block with white opaque pen.
4. Trim a 5" star from red cardstock and a slightly smaller star from gold paper. Adhere the gold star over the red, draw dashed lines just inside its perimeter with black pen and then adhere to lower right of card. Trim off any overlap.
5. Trim a 5"x.5" strip of grid paper. Punch along one long straight edge with small hole punch. Trim into each hole from top edge then fray to resemble notebook paper. Trim off sections of yellow diagonal and red herringbone border stickers and layer as shown. Adhere along bottom of star, approximately 1" from the bottom of the card.
6. Staple strip and top of star as shown.
7. Punch a yellow star and adhere to upper left of large star. Punch lt. blue star and adhere in bottom right of large star.
8. Punch 3/4" red circle and adhere to center of lt. blue star. Add "1" brad.
9. Add green, blue and yellow brad to large star as shown.
10. Adhere small details star to the upper right of yellow star.
11. Add title "super star DAD" using green and yellow alpha stickers as shown. Embellish with small red star.
Kelly's Tip: Faux stitching adds dimension to any project - layout or card!
What a surprise friends...we have another prize from one of our favourite sponsors! Perfect for all those small letters, die cuts and ribbon, our friends at Xyron have offered one lucky SCT winner this package:
This little machine is small but it's mighty and one lucky SCT winner will receive the "X" and four additional refills! Just leave a comment below by Thursday, October 18! If you have a minute, please stop by and wave "hello" to our friends at Xyron on their facebook wall. They will love hearing from you!
Next up we have Davinie Fiero joining us at 3:00!