Thank you for joining us for our fabulous World Cardmaking Day extravaganza! If you are just checking in now, be sure to see THIS post to find out what we're up to today!
We are now at the fabulous month of May and Marla Kress created a stunning card from this PageMaps card sketch...
Equipped with a butterfly punch, Marla created a perfect Mother's Day card!
Marla's colour combination of yellow, grey and fuscia has "pin it" written all over it! We love her faux stitching and simple title. Perfection!
To make this card:
1. Cut grey cardstock 4X8 with the fold at the top.
2. Cut a piece of pink cardstock 3.5X3.5.
3. Using a marker, add stitching detail around the edge of the grey cardstock.
4. Punch butterflies from patterned paper, cutting two of each design.
5. Adhere the butterflies together in pairs at the centers only..
6. Punch a 1 inch circle in the bottom corner.
7. Punch another 2 inch circle from cardstock and attach with foam dots inside of the card.
8. Add a butterfly punched from solid cardstock into the circle for contrast.
9. Cut a banner from white cardstock and add rub-on detail.
Marla's Tip: For added dimension don't be afraid to layer your embellishments! Just look at the dimension in the butterflies!
Oh yes, it's prize time and this is a good one! How would you like to spend $50 and choose your own prize from the most current Stampin' Up! catalogue? Sound good? Just leave a comment below by Thursday, October 18th and one lucky winner will be shopping for something wonderful!
Having fun yet? Be sure to join us at 2:00 for a great Father's Day card by Kelly Goree!