Emily's fun "thank you" card needs no introduction...it's just plain amazing!!! Who wouldn't want to receive this card for a good deed?
Supplies: GARTNER STUDIOS (card blank) JILLIBEAN SOUP (patterned papers: grey and green, grey alphabet stickers), SIMPLE STORIES (patterned paper: floral, branch sticker) MAYA ROAD (chipboard banner, word, twine, buttons, spray ink) DMC (floss) SCOTCH 3M (liquid adhesive) HERO ARTS (letter stamps) TSUKENIKO (stamp ink) THERM O WEB (dimensional adhesive)
Emily took elements of this sketch from PageMaps to create her card. That is the beauty of sketches, you can adapt them to your papers, supplies and your own personal taste!
Here 's how Emily created her card:
1. Cut a 6"x 4.5" rectangle of patterned paper and adhere horizontally to the front of a 6.5"x5" card blank.
2. Cut a 5.5"x3.25" rectangle of coordinating paper and adhere to front with dimensional adhesive, centering and leaving an inch at the top uncovered.
3. Cut a 2.75"x 3.25" rectangle and round the corners of one side. Adhere to the right side of the card, overlapping at the top by a half an inch.
4. Spray the chipboard banner and buttons with mist. When dry, thread the buttons with floss.
5. Cut a 6.5" piece of twine and glue the banner together. trim twine as needed.
6. Apply the branch sticker over the smallest rectangle.
7. Attach the banner at the buttons with a strong adhesive. Add letter stickers to the banner.
8. Spray chipboard word with mist, let dry then adhere with dimensional adhesive.
Emily's Tip: To have your buttons look nice and finished, be sure you stitch them down with floss or twine. You can pre-stitch them too, tying the floss in the back for a neat look.
Don't you love when this icon appears? We have another great prize for you! Our friends at Maya Road would like to offer a lucky SCT reader their absolute favourite Maya Road products! Our winner will have the opportunity to choose their prize. Will it be a chipboard alpha like Emily used? Or maybe some of their amazing twine (the best we've felt!) or a favourite stamps. We love the idea of a customized prize so be sure to leave a comment below by Thursday, October 18! And please let Maya Road how much you love this prize by waving hello to Caroline on Facebook! The Maya team are at Artistic Journey this weekend and I'm sure would love to hear from you!
See you next hour when Virginia showcases a beautiful Thanksgiving card! Perfect for our Canadian friends!