Good day everyone! We’ve received many, many emails about Marla’s travel case that was featured on the opening page of our Summer Ten Most Wanted (page 9)! We asked Marla to outline how she created the case and clipboards and she offered up the following how-to!
Magnetic United States puzzle:
- Isolate the United States from the “Been There” paper from Studio Calico’s THATAWAY collection.
- Trace the United States onto the “Made It” paper from Studio Calico’s THATAWAY collection. Cut out the tracing.
- Adhere the “Been There” United States piece onto a magnetic sheet.
- Cut states sections apart from the United States piece.
- Trace the state section outlines onto the “Made It” piece.
- Machine stitch in white along the tracings.
- Adhere the stitched “Made It” United States piece onto a magnetic sheet. Be sure to use the correct side making sure the state pieces will stick properly.
Pleated paper ribbon (outside of the case):
- Cut 2 paper strips 1” wide. Attach two pieces together to create one longer paper strip.
- Score the strip at .50” and 1” all along the length. Fold along the scores.
- Machine stitch down the center of the strip to hold the pleating in place.
Visual Journey Clipboard:
- Die cut a piece of chipboard and patterned paper for the base.
- Die cut a smaller piece of patterned paper to adhere onto the base.
- Attach a binder clip to the base that has been decorated with patterned paper, two circles, one brad and letter stickers.
- Using the Amy Tangerine polaroid frame, die cut several papers from the Studio Calico’s THATAWAY collection.
- Back each heart on the frame in red.
- Back each opening in the frame with white cardstock.
- Add words to each frame with small letter stickers.
- Add pen detail to the outside edge of the white cardstock.
- Clips “pages” into place.
We hope you enjoy recreating Marla’s creative, clever project!
Speaking of road trip, we would love to see where you are reading Scrapbook & Cards Today this summer! Is it by the lake, on a plane, in a boat? Send us an image to email@example.com with "road trip" in your reference line. Let's see how far around the world SCT will travel!
Have a great day!