Hello friends! I’m thrilled to be with you today to share the first post in my Tools Today with Aly Dosdall series here at Scrapbook & Cards Today. Each post in this monthly series will feature one of my favourite tools, and will include a project with instructions and a short video demonstrating the tool with some helpful tips and tricks.
This month I’m so excited to share a fabulous new tool, the Alphabet Punch Board from We R Memory Keepers! This new punch board is perfect for quick party banners, posters, signs, and school projects, but it’s also a great way to add a monogram or large title to cards and scrapbook pages. Check out the layout I created with it.
The Alphabet Punch Board made for a quick and bold title, plus I was able to make the heart accent with it as well. I love finding multiple uses for my tools! Watch the video below where I demonstrate how to use the punch board, and share some helpful tips and tricks.
Now that you’ve seen how the tools works, here are some instructions and more details about my scrapbook layout.
- Start by creating the layout title with the Alphabet Punch Board. Punch two of each letter, using one as a shadow layer behind the main letter.
- Add stickers or die cuts to embellish the title.
- Using the instructions in the video above, create a heart accent with the Alphabet Punch Board and add it to your page as shown.
- Layer a framed photo and some embellishments over the heart.
- Print or handwrite some journaling below your photo and heart.
Since the title is the focal point of the layout, I kept my photo and other elements smaller in scale to create a sense of balance. To keep the layout from getting too busy, I decided to stick with only four colours from the paper collection--navy, fuschia, light pink, and red. I also avoided the large bold patterned papers in the collection.
Well, that’s it for today friends! Thanks for having me, and I hope you’ve learned something about the Alphabet Punch Board. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about it in the comments below, and I’ll do my best to answer them. Be sure to visit my website alydosdall.com for tons of paper craft ideas and inspiration. Crafty cheers, and I’ll see you next month!
~ Aly Dosdall