Normally it's our 3T's Tuesday where we share many tips, tricks and techniques with paper. As this is a big week for many of our readers and as we head in to the holiday season, we all need those "go to" quick and easy recipes that can be done in minutes. So let's look at today as a 3T's for recipe sharing. I thought I would share our family "go to" recipe and hope that you'll share yours with us too. The funny thing? I made this on the weekend and before I could even take a picture, I realized much was packed in my daughter's bag as she headed back to university from a weekend at home! So while not my picture, here is our family tried and true crowd pleaser...and a few variables too!
Saltine cracker toffee bark
- Approx. 35 salted top saltine crackers
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 bag of chocolate chips - dark, milk or semi sweet (your choice!)
- chopped toasted pecans, crushed candy canes, coconut
- Turn oven on to 350 degrees with rack in the middle. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place crackers side by side, salted tops up, to fill the cookie sheet.
- In a saucepan bring the sugar and butter to a rolling boil and boil for approx 3 minutes until it thickens.
- Once sugar and butter mixture has thickened, pour it slowly over the crackers. Smooth out the mixture so the crackers are covered.
- Place in the oven for 8-9 minutes. Remove and just push any crackers together that have shifted. Sprinkle the bag of chocolate chips over the entire surface and wait 5 minutes. Then spread the chocolate over all the crackers. If you would like to add toppings, now is the time. Pecans, or crushed candy cane or coconut are a hit!
- Place pan in the fridge to cool and when cooled break it apart and enjoy!
Super easy! Looks great when wrapped up and tied with a bow, or on a plate or in a holiday tin! Very portable and an instant crowd pleaser. Four very basic ingredients and five easy steps. What's not to love about that!
Your turn! What is your quick and easy recipe for the holidays? Please either share in the comment section below or send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I'll be sure to share a selection it over the next week!